Quality content is the driving force of the Internet: original and desirable graphic design and copywriting
Relevant copywriting and graphic design is the lifeblood of website marketing in San Diego. To be successful in the hyper-competitive arena of the Internet, your company needs to provide fresh, informative, and useful content. Effective writing and design will not only synthesize marketing efforts but will also keep qualified traffic coming back to your website.
The key to effective content is its focus on the potential customer.
Job one is to clearly identify the target audience – the decision makers and influencers – and their needs. Incisive copywriting acknowledges the customer’s experience and demonstrates how your product or service can improve it. When you know why your customers come to you, and what scares your competitors about your business, you can clearly tell prospects why to buy. By thoughtfully differentiating yourself with the customer in mind, your messaging and branding will have impact.
What do you want to achieve?
The next consideration is what you want to achieve with your marketing and what actions you want potential customers to take. This will determine the relevant writing style, graphic design, and branding, as well as the best media for the message. With Internet communications in particular, it is imperative that users find your website easily. Therefore content must be optimized not only for the reader but also for search engines. Well written, informative copywriting achieves both, not only engaging the user but also exponentially increasing search engine rankings, traffic, and the likelihood of quality links from other sites.
Keys to Effective Copywriting Development and Messaging
1. Differentiation. What scares your competitors about your business? Why do customers come to you? If you can’t answer these questions, you can’t tell your prospects why to buy. By thoughtfully differentiating yourself, your marketing communications will have impact.
2. Simplicity. Simple, yes. Easy, no. A single-minded message isn’t necessarily obvious, but uncovering it is crucial in our over-communicated society. We’ll develop a top-tier message that appeals to the emotions and makes a call-to-action. For technology companies, it is especially important to translate complicated jargon into language that is easy to understand and absorb, even when communicating to a technical audience.
3. Substance. Support all claims with hard technical information in white papers, case studies, and data sheets.
4. Consistency. It is critical for your messaging and design to be consistent. In this way, all weapons come from a single source and are aimed at the same target, reinforcing each other and building recognition.
5. Impeccability. The brightest marketing strategy is undone by any hint of unprofessionalism. Everything representing your company should be of the highest quality. It conveys the quality of your brand which is critically important to your customers.
6. Tone. Respect the reader with frankness as well as no boastfulness or verbosity. Be friendly!
The Oxford Group is a San Diego based advertising, graphic design and website design firm. We are experts at synthesizing information from many sources, objectively cutting through the clutter to distill information into a clear, compelling message, and creating campaigns that deliver information in the most effective way. We provide depth and breadth by combining an intimate understanding of technology, business to business (B2B), and consumer markets with creative graphic design and seasoned writing services. This unique mix enables us to develop messaging that captures attention, generates leads, and closes sales. Our services include strategy development, corporate branding, copywriting and editing, and search engine optimization (SEO).